Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm going to Iceland!!!

I love, love, love to travel.

The semester I spent in Germany was undoubtedly the best 6 months of my life. Not only did I get to live like a local, but I spent most of my weekends traveling around the country and the rest of Europe.

Last year, I satisfied my need to get out of Ottawa regularly with frequent trips to New York City and I enjoyed every second of those. But lately I've really been wanting to go somewhere new.

I first started thinking about Reykjavik, Iceland a few months ago and last week I decided to register for the half marathon there in August :)!  I mean, how gorgeous is this:


(source)
I can't wait to run through this city and explore other sights like these:


(source)

(source)













(source)
I'm thinking about booking a post-race massage at the Blue Lagoon as a special treat. Doesn't that look so amazing?!

So this is what I'll be looking forward to and training for in the next 3 months!

Have you ever been to Iceland?
Do you travel for races?

8 comments:

  1. UMMMMM - Super jealous over here!!!!!!

    This looks awesome - and yes you need to book that special treat - NOW.

    I want to start traveling for races - my next commission check should be set aside for this :)

    Pack me in your suitcase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited :) There are so many races I want to do in other countries, it just seems like the perfect excuse to travel!

      Delete
  2. That looks amazing, I cannot wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! It's so beautiful there and I love that you're racing as well. I lived in Europe for 2 years alas I was not yet a runner so didn't take advantage of the awesome races I could have done. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia! Any suggestions on things to do/see while I'm there?

      Delete
  4. Looks beautiful, I'm super jealous! I can't wait for you to post pictures/updates from your time there!

    I wish I could travel all over, but grad school has taken over my life. Soon when I have a real job I can take trips.. yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grad school is a pain isn't it?!
      I'll be sure to take a ton of pics!

      Delete
  5. Wow! What an incredible trip. I haven't been to iceland but I heard it's beautiful there. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete