When I first started reading blogs one of the things that struck me the most was the sense of community bloggers shared. Since starting my own blog, I've discovered just how welcoming this community is! It is so nice to know that there are people out there who share the same interests, aspirations, and struggles.
When the lovely Meghan over at Uncooked & Unwalked nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Pink Award she totally made my day :) If you haven't already, please go check out her blog.
These are the rules of accepting this award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate some other blogs you like for this award.
- Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination.
1. I have a terrible memory! My friends, most of whom I've known since elementary or high school, always make fun of me because whenever we're having one of those "Remember that time when...." moments, my answer is almost always "No".
2. I love daytime talk shows. I DVR Live with Kelly, Ellen, The View, Rachael Ray, and Anderson every single day. I have actually attended two tapings of Anderson in NYC which was so cool! Oh, and I totally lost it when I saw Regis Philbin at the airport a few months ago and he actually said hi to me :)
3. My sister-in-law and I have the same first, middle, and last name. We definitely get a ton of questions at the border when we travel together!
7. I've played several instruments over the years: the piano, the bass, the drums, the guitar, and the clarinet. I also spent a summer busking on the Byward Market and I sang in a band for a while. Unfortunately music got put on the back burner while I juggled working full-time and pursuing my Masters degree but I can't wait to get back to it.
Which leads me to a bonus fact: As of this week I am done with Grad School :D!!
And now I get to pass this award on to some of the great blogs I've discovered in the last few months:
Any random facts you'd like to share?
What are some of your favorite blogs?