Sunday, June 3, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award

When I first started reading blogs one of the things that struck me the most was the sense of community bloggers shared.  Since starting my own blog, I've discovered just how welcoming this community is!  It is so nice to know that there are people out there who share the same interests, aspirations, and struggles. 

When the lovely Meghan over at Uncooked & Unwalked nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Pink Award she totally made my day :)  If you haven't already, please go check out her blog.
 

These are the rules of accepting this award:
  • Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
  • Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
  • Share 7 facts about yourself.
  • Nominate some other blogs you like for this award.
  • Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination.
1.  I have a terrible memory! My friends, most of whom I've known since elementary or high school, always make fun of me because whenever we're having one of those "Remember that time when...." moments, my answer is almost always "No".

2.  I love daytime talk shows. I DVR Live with Kelly, Ellen, The View, Rachael Ray, and Anderson every single day.  I have actually attended two tapings of Anderson in NYC which was so cool! Oh, and I totally lost it when I saw Regis Philbin at the airport a few months ago and he actually said hi to me :) 


(Source)
3.  My sister-in-law and I have the same first, middle, and last name.  We definitely get a ton of questions at the border when we travel together! 

4.  My favorite movie of all time is Anne of Green Gables.  I watch it at least once year and I still cry when Matthew dies. Every. Single. Time. 

(Source)


5. I have an irrational fear of butterflies.  I know they are supposed to be all cute and pretty and stuff but they freak me out!! 

6.  One of my hobbies is cake decorating.  These are two of my favorites so far: 









7.  I've played several instruments over the years: the piano, the bass, the drums, the guitar, and the clarinet.  I also spent a summer busking on the Byward Market and I sang in a band for a while. Unfortunately music got put on the back burner while I juggled working full-time and pursuing my Masters degree but I can't wait to get back to it.

Which leads me to a bonus fact:  As of this week I am done with Grad School :D!!

And now I get to pass this award on to some of the great blogs I've discovered in the last few months:






Any random facts you'd like to share?
What are some of your favorite blogs?

16 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Random fact: I have been skydiving. I hate earwax and sleep with a face mask on..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I would never have the courage to go skydiving!

      Delete
  2. Your cakes are beautiful! I have never seen Anne of Green Gables - I don't believe Peter is in the mood to be tortured this evening for my movie enjoyment.

    You and your SIL have the same exact name?? That is crazy! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to watch it someday but yeah, maybe without Peter ;)

      Delete
  3. That sister in law name thing is crazy! What are the odds? Seriously that spins my head, lol. Randoms about me: I hate wearing sleeves...hate them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting so I could find your blog :)

      Delete
  4. That is so insane that you and your SIL have the exact same name!! My aunt and her cousin have the same first and last name, but at least their middle names are different. That's so insane!

    And Anne of Green Gables is hands down my favorite movie of all time (and books!) I also cry everything time Matthew dies, even though I probably know all the words by heart! SO GOOD!

    Thank you so much for the nomination!!! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just love Matthew...it's sooo cute when he buys that dress with the puffed sleeves!!!
      And you're welcome, I love your blog :)

      Delete
  5. hey girl! thank you SO MUCH that's so sweet of you to nominate me :) :) i LOVEEEEEEE kelly ripa haha i'm still waiting to take the day off from work and see a taping! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so much fun!! It's too bad the wait for tickets to Kelly is so long :(

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the nomination! That totally made my day! Also, those cakes really are impressive... my cake decorating skills are non-existent :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for nominating me! I promise I am not ignoring you, I just have a few other planned posts in the works first. :)

    Love the cakes! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cakes are amazing!! You should sell them, I'd totally buy it.

    ReplyDelete